Thursday, September 3, 2009

M-wave 2009

As the season in Colorado winds down... well mainly after Crystal Gorge stops running, I result to working, hanging out with friends, working on my car... things a river gypsy would only do if there isn't any kayaking. But every summer there is one wave that calls me out of my "normalcy" and makes me go whitewater boat riding. This wave is called m-wave. It is one of the only times where I am slightly scared playboating. The speed of the wave combined with the shape makes it one of the most fun playspots around. It was Conor's birthday also so needless to say, we had to do some whitewater boat riding.


We arrived in the evening, and proceeded to do the first ever m-wave night sess using alex's truck to provide some light.

Birthday brown.

I'm pretty sure I ate shit here, but makes for a cool photo.
Conor is really good at browning.

And backblunting... very nice!!

Jonny getting a little m-wave practice in before worlds.
Yeah, he is good at kayaking.
I didnt even know I could do that.
Aerial BROWN!


"That Jonny Meyers is just so dreamy"-a girl at FIbark actually said that haha
Alex Hotze throwin down on his home wave like it aint no thang.
Jakub Nemec our good friend from Czec killin it as usual.

I bought a new whip!
Here is a cool edit I made from our little trip. David Yanez on the camera! Make sure to Download the E-V-A mixtape.

Big thanks to Forge motion pictures for letting us borrow their camera. check their stuff out here http://forgemotionpictures.com

M-wave 2009 from Fred Norquist on Vimeo.

No comments: