Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring is here! I love snowmelt.

Well the past couple weeks I have been paddling hard, "training" for the Robe canyon race which went down this past weekend(check back in a few days for a write-up). The snowmelt finally started up here in northern washington and some of my favorite rivers bumped up to decent(but not ideal) flows. I have been spending the last week on some of my favorite runs, Robe canyon, Middle Fork of the Nooksack, and the Horseshoe bend section of the North Fork of the Nooksack. It has been great to be able to paddle almost everyday. At one point this week, I paddled 6 out of 7 days while still being in school... that aint bad, although I wont mention how it affected my grades haha. I paddled robe 3 times, Middle Fork twice and The North Fork once. So in other words life is good right now. being able to kayak this much is awesome. Here are a few pics from a sunny day on the North Fork, the home class 4 run.

Me entering Bench Drop on a sunny afternoon on the NF.
Oh yea... BROWN.
Entering a lower in between rapid.
Soul cruisin' in a shiny new Jefe Grande... Lovin that boat.
Boofing into SAT.


A fun boof in the middle of SAT.

I then met up with Cody(demshitz made star) and took him down a nice class 3 section with a beautiful view of Mt. Baker Cody loves Demshitz.

It was a good day on the Rio! The NF is beautiful. Pics by Cody and Fred.

I shot some great video of Middle Fork that will be out soon.

No comments: