Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rio GOL GOL

Well after being shut down to go into Argentina and run the shit, we were forced to stay in Chile and run the shit, i guess life could have been much much worse. The GOL GOL isnt only one of the hardest rivers I have run, but also one of the best rivers I have run. It rests on the Chilean/Argentian border. It starts off with a nice 15 footer, then continues with more beautiful, juicin waterfalls. The volume of this river astounded me. All the waterfalls are stout, with lots of water pouring off of them. Me encanta el Rio Gol Gol. Another amazig chilean rio. All photos by me. And congratulations to all Americans, Obama!

Driving to Argentina before getting shut down.

The First Drop on gol gol, Miguel gettin er done!!

The crew chillin. It was me, Rodrigo, Jared, Graham, Evan, and Miguel. Demshitz killed it.

Eg steeze yo.


One of the more stout drops of the run, a juicin 20 ftr, EG late boofin this big boy.

Eg know what up.

Rodrigo dis drop look good do.

Evan running a fun little plugg rapid.

Miguel on the same.

Eg Boofin a Phat hole.

La princesa, a tricky entrance into a Stout 20 footer.

Miguel Killed it.

Next was Salto Indio, a nice 50ish footer that sends you deeeeeep.

Rodrigo about go to the depths.

Eg knows what he is here for, Lay treats.

Jared Killin it. Gopro strapped to his head and all.

I had an interesting line, I pulled a clutch 360 right before the lip, had a good line down the waterfall, lost my paddle, pulled my helmet off and rolled with it. Check the Footy from this amazing day in the Demshitz Movie coming out this spring.

2 implosions, 1 helmet roll, and 3 stomps, a good day indeed!!!!

1 comment:

E.G. said...

yes GET YAZZ SPREAD!!!!!!!!